How can I download my Oregon College Savings Plan account activity data and how can I import this data into QuickBooks Online or Quicken?
When you are within your Oregon College Savings Plan account dashboard, click on your activity feed, then click the download icon located in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Once you have downloaded the Excel .CSV file to your computer, you will need to upload the file into QuickBooks Online or convert the file to a .QFX file first and then upload it to Quicken. Unfortunately, we do not currently support a “Direct Connect” import method.
Importing a .CSV file to QuickBooks Online:
NOTE: Before uploading, MAC users will need to convert their .CSV file to a Windows .CSV file in Excel. (Within Excel, select File > Save As > and then choose “Windows Comma Separated” as the file type)
- Select Banking from the left menu
- Under the Update drop-down arrow, choose File Upload.
NOTE: If you’ve never connected an account, select Upload transactions manually at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Browse and choose the appropriate .CSV file then click Next.
- From the QuickBooks Account drop-down, select the appropriate bank or credit card account then click Next.
- Map the statement fields according to your .CSV file's format then click Next.
- Put a check mark on the transactions to import then click Next.
- Select Yes on the notification asking if you want to import now.
- Select Let’s go when you get the Import Completed window.
You will now be directed to the Downloaded Transactions window where the imported transactions will appear under the For Review tab.
Importing your Oregon College Savings Plan data to Quicken:
NOTE: You will first need to convert your .CSV file to a .QFX file (Quicken Web Connect file) — not to be confused with a .QXF file (Quicken Transfer Format file). There is software online that can help with this conversion process. Once converted, please follow the steps below.
- Open Quicken and choose File menu > File Import > Web Connect File.
- Navigate to, and then select the Web Connect file you just converted.
- Click OK.
- Give the account a name. Or, if you already have an account in Quicken for these transactions, choose Link and the account name in the dialog that follows.
- After Quicken finishes importing the file, open the account. Quicken will either automatically add them to your register, or you can review and accept the imported transactions, depending on your downloaded preferences.
If this is the first time you're downloading transactions, activate your Web Connect account to download transactions first.